Caring for your jewelry tips-
- Remove jewelry to shower, swim, sleep, exercise or perform household chores.
- Use perfume, lotion, makeup or hairspray before putting on pieces. Avoid chemical solutions and ultrasonic cleaners. They are too harsh for many gemstones (especially turquoise, bone, amber, coral and pearls).
- Use a polishing cloth to revive metal components. Polishing cloths are impregnated with chemicals and should not be used on gem stones. To clean gem stones, gently wipe with a damp cloth. Do not rub or scrub or use soaps or cleaning chemicals. Many types of stones can be adversely affected by these cleaning techniques.
- Do not store in direct sunlight. Store in baggie or box to prevent tarnishing/scratching from other pieces.
- Do not pull or grab on the pieces, this could cause crimping or breakage of bead wire or chain. Crimps cannot be fixed, therefore the pieces will require re-stringing.